Pre-First Grade Rules
Mini-Camp was designed for kids entering into the 1st grade through 4th grade and this will remain the primary focus of Mini-Camp. However, we are going to allow younger children to attend Mini-Camp under the following conditions.
- The child must have a parent, guardian or responsible adult (18+ years old) of the same sex as the child attend with them. The cost will be the same as regular mini-camp ($85.00 for the child, $75.00 for the adult).
- The child should be potty-trained and able to actively participate in the classes and recreational activities.
- There will be classes, arts and crafts, and athletic events geared for the kindergarten and younger group. We ask that your children attend these activities and not the ones for the first grade and older group.
- The parent must stay in the same cabin as the child. All the beds are bunk-beds. At mini camp we have always insisted that the children sleep on the lower beds. This means the parents may end up on a top bunk. Also, only one girls cabin and one boys cabin has an attached bathroom. You will most likely end up in a cabin without a bathroom.
- The parent will be responsible for the child at all times. There is a large lake front and swimming pool. If your child participates in any of the water activities (swimming, canoeing, etc.) the parent must be with the child.
- All parents and children are expected to abide by all camp rules including the dress code.
- Please don't ask for exceptions to these rules. Children develop at different rates. Your kindergarten or younger child may be perfectly capable of attending the older classes but other children of the same age may not be. When we make an exception for one child then we have to do it for all of them. Please don't put our staff in this awkward position.
- When registering your child select "Pre-First" in the grade box. Also make sure you select yes about a parent attending and enter the name of the parent.